This year has been a remarkable one for us at Workwell Foundation. Our success is made possible by people like you who support us.
Donations have played a role in advancing our mission, which is focused on providing disability evaluations for and research on fatiguing illnesses, such as myalgic encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS) and long COVID.
Our research and disability testing contribute to a better understanding of the biological basis for fatigue and post-exertional malaise (PEM), a delayed worsening of symptoms after physical and cognitive exertion.
Changing Lives With Our Tests
Contributions have also enabled us to consistently provide top-rated testing services, including two-day cardiopulmonary exercise testing (CPET), considered the gold standard for assessing work capacity and aiding in diagnosing various medical conditions. We now offer electroencephalogram (EEG) testing as well.
The two-day CPET protocol is particularly valuable for documenting PEM.
Our use of electroencephalography (EEG) offers a noninvasive approach to evaluate how different parts of the brain function after physical stress.
With these tests, persons with ME/CFS, long COVID, and other fatigue-related illnesses can objectively document physical and cognitive impairments for disability purposes.
In 2023, we achieved significant milestones, including the following:
- Presented at the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA) Conference in San Diego, CA, where we delivered a presentation titled, How to Care for People with Long Covid.
- Presented research titled Impaired energy production, hemodynamic responses, and recovery following exercise in ME/CFS at the annual International Association for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (IACFS/ME) meeting.
- Launched a new website with a new blog section.
- Added electroencephalography (EEG) to our disability testing services.
- Started a new collaboration with Stat Health to research the impacts of PEM on blood flow to the head using STAT’s new innovative in-ear wearable device.
- Launched Workwell Health – a dynamic learning community and online clinic aimed at helping people with PEM.
- Added a new testing location in Flagstaff, AZ and moved our CA office to Santa Rosa, north of San Francisco.
- Published new research articles:
- Recovery from Exercise in Persons with Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (ME/CFS) published in Work.
- Development and Measurement Properties of the PEM/PESE Activity Questionnaire (PAQ) published in Work.
Join Us in Making a Difference
As the year concludes, we invite you to include Workwell in your end-of-year giving plan.
Your donations to our nonprofit organization will directly support crucial research and educational resources for those grappling with PEM and post-exertional malaise (PEM). We aim to raise $25,000.
Thank you for your ongoing support, helping us make a meaningful impact on the lives of those affected.
Click here to donate. In solidarity,